1) The Asheville Area is Growing Rapidly
The mountain city in the Appalachians, Asheville continues to invite new residents and business each year. Since 2000, Asheville’s population has increased by over 20%, and Buncombe County by more than 15%. If you are a resident or recent visitor, the skyline itself seems to be perpetually under construction. As plumbers, we meet have the opportunity to meet and help new Asheville citizens every day.
2) Asheville Has Great Weather for Homeowners
In addition to the potential for beautiful mountain views, new and long-term Asheville homeowners are treated to excellent weather every year. We have all four seasons, but avoid some of the extreme temperatures experienced by our neighbors in lower and higher elevations.
During summer, the temperature has only hit triple digits one time, and winter lows only drop below freezing around 70 times per year. We receive plenty of rain and even a little snow most years. Homeowners do not have to depend solely on wells and irrigation to water lawns, and can usually avoid freezing pipes with just a few simple precautions.
3) Western North Carolina Has Great Outdoor Activities
Surrounded by mile-high peaks, Asheville is convenient to hundreds and even thousands of places to explore and sights to see.
- Hiking: From Black Mountain to Waynesville, Asheville is convenient to hundreds of miles of hiking and backpacking trails.
- Biking: With world-class mountain biking in Dupont, Bent Creek, Tsali, and more, Asheville hosts thousands of mountain biking tourists each year.
- Rafting and Tubing: The French Broad, Swannanoa, Ivy, and Nantahala rivers play host to the East Coast’s best rafting and tubing.
- The Blue Ridge Parkway: To reach your adventure destination, you can enjoy a drive north or south on the Parkway, complete with panoramic views, waterfalls, and picnic areas.
4) Asheville is a Great Community
A city is only as good as the people who live in it. There are a wide range of ideas and people represented in Asheville and its surrounding towns, Weaverville, Hendersonville, Fletcher, Mars Hill, and Swannanoa to name a few. If you have professional plumbing needs in the Asheville area, give us a call. We have decades of experience with plumbing installations and repairs in western North Carolina.